Thursday, October 14, 2010

This is my first attempt at a personal blog. I hope it doesn't suck.

In an effort to have a non-sucky blog, I suppose I should introduce us. I'm Erin, my husband is Chisum, and our 4 1/2 month old daughter is Rivers.

Chisum and I had pretty similar upbringings. Our families are both fun, friendly, Christian people who have the best of intentions for themselves and everyone they know. Though Chisum's family is Catholic and my family is Protestant, they have incredibly similar values, and those were instilled in us both when we were brought up. Chisum and I both had some bumpy roads in our pasts, but God saw that we would help each other, and he did all he could to bring us together. (Interestingly enough, I think Chisum and I were fighting God for much of the time. Ask us how we got together sometime; it's an interesting story. Or maybe I'll write about it...) Anyway, Chisum and I did eventually get together, and then we were inseparable. Chisum was the missing part of my soul, and I daresay I was his, and we haven't been apart since.

We got married, and about 4 months ago, had a baby. Rivers is the light of our life. She is so incredibly special! She is smart, funny, amazingly beautiful, and really fun. (Of course I'm not biased at all...) We have been having the best time with her. After a shaky entrance into the world, Rivers has blossomed into such a lovely little lady. She smiles and laughs, plays and learns, and keeps every day interesting for us. Recently she has begun "helping" us change her diapers. This means that as soon as I lay her down, she grabs her feet and puts her toes in her mouth, and thus, her butt in the air. She's probably thinking this is the easiest way for me to get the new diaper under her and get her old one off, which is true. Then, however, it's necessary to actually put the new one on. Not so easy when she won't put her feet and butt down out of the air, but whatever, she thinks it's funny, and so it is. She has also just started to eat cereal in addition to nursing. This is an adventure because all she wants to do is hold the spoon herself and chew on it. Kind of makes it hard to get any cereal into her. All this I don't mind because she is a blessing of immense proportions.

Right now we are living in Irving, Texas. I am not currently teaching but staying at home with Rivers, and I fully realize how blessed I am to have the opportunity to do this. I hope that every mother has the chance to stay home with her child or children. I wouldn't trade anything for the experiences I get to have with Riv every day. Chisum is working for Purvis Industries and is currently in their training program. Around April of next year, we will be moving to Tyler, Texas, so that Chisum can take his job in outside sales. Until then, we're just hanging in and doing what we can to make ends meet.

So that's pretty much it for Chisum, Rivers, and me. We're one happy little family and what we are now is a far, far better thing than what we ever could have imagined for ourselves. Thank you, God, for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so proud of you for blogging! The second one is harder than the first though...at least for me...because I keep forgetting.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete